Super-Berry Wonder Woman Pie
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3 1⁄2 cups blueberries
• 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp cold butter, cut into small pieces
• a favorite pie crust recipe or store-bought crust
• a Wonder Woman logo cut-out
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Take a portion of your pie dough and roll it out into a circle 1/8” thick until it is big enough to cover your pie pan. Tuck and trim the edges when putting it in the pan. Place in the fridge.
3. Roll another circle of the same thickness as big as your pan, about 14”. Place that circle on a piece of parchment paper and chill in the freezer.
4. Mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add berries and lemon juice; toss gently.
5. Spoon the filling onto the bottom crust from the fridge. Dot with butter. Place back in fridge.
6. Using your Wonder Woman logo cut-out as a guide (grab a copy at HearingOurWay.com/pie), use a sharp paring knife to carefully cut out the four individual pieces of the logo. As you work, the dough will soften up. If you notice it getting too soft, chill again for 15 minutes at a time.
7. Using a 11⁄2” star cookie cutter, cut out 10 stars as well.
8. Once all pieces have been cut out, remove the pie from the fridge and assemble the logo on top of the fruit. Place six stars on the top edge and four stars on the bottom. Place in the freezer to chill for another 15 minutes.
9. Bake 50-60 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack.
10. Enjoy with your favorite wonder-women, super-men, and hear-o’s !
Did you try the recipe? Send in your photos!