WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Your favorite cake mix
Your favorite royal icing
Your favorite buttercream
Food coloring for ice cream colors
Piping bags or ziploc bags
Piping tips (I used Wilton 1A and Wilton #3)
A picture of ice cream (search ice cream decals clipart)
1. A day in advance of baking, place parchment paper over the ice cream print. Use royal icing to outline the shape of an ice cream cone. Fill in the cone first with a darker color. Let dry for one hour, then fill in the ice cream part with a lighter color. Let harden overnight.
2. The next day, bake your cupcakes as directed.
3. When cool, pipe a swirl of buttercream on each cupcake.
4. Using a knife or icing spatula, remove the royal icing ‘decals’ from the parchment paper. Place onto each cupcake.
5. Host a summer get together and enjoy your cupcakes with friends!
What should Evelyn bake next? Let us know!