Mark it with an E: Kickin' It Karate Cake Pops
Hi bakers! My name is Evelyn, and welcome to my kitchen. I’m 13-years-old, I have one cochlear implant and one hearing aid, and I live in Canada. I’m here to share my love of baking with you, so whip out your spatula, and let’s get cooking!
Kickin’ It Karate Cake Pops
1 box chocolate cake mix, prepared
1 can chocolate frosting
1 bag white candy melts 1 bag cake pop sticks Fondant: karate belt colors
1. Prepare and bake your chocolate cake. When cool, add cake to a large bowl.
2. Crumble the cake until it resembles fine crumbs.
3. Add in chocolate frosting a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can form a ball, yet still slightly crumbly. Use your hands to mix the frosting with the cake crumbs.
4. Use a tablespoon to scoop a ball of cake mixture. 5. Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate. 6. Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
7. Melt a small cup of white candy melts in the microwave. 8. Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert halfway
into the cake balls.
9. Freeze for 20 minutes.
10. Meanwhile, prepare the karate belts: cut out thin strips of rolled-out fondant long enough to go around the cake pop, tie, and hang down like a karate belt.
11. Melt the remaining white chocolate in a large cup. Make sure you have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
12. Remove cake balls from freezer. 13. Dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered. 14. Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
15. Once hardened a little, add the fondant belt. Wrap it around the cake pop and tie it at the front. Let the ends hang down like a karate belt.
Enjoy your karate cake pops! HiYa!
Did you try to make karate cake pops? Send us your pics! firstname.lastname@example.org