Mark it with an E: Cupcake Galaxy Far Far Away
Hi bakers! My name is Evelyn, and welcome to my kitchen. I’m 13-years-old, I have one cochlear implant and one hearing aid, and I live in Canada. I’m here to share my love of baking with you, so whip out your spatula, and let’s get cooking!
Cupcake Galaxy Far Far Away
• 1/2 cup hot coffee • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder • 1 cup all-purpose our
• 1 cup granulated sugar • 1 teaspoon baking powder • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda • 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup whole milk • 1/4 cup vegetable oil • 1 large egg • 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2/3 cups unsalted butter, softened • 2 3⁄4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted • 3-4 Tablespoons whole milk • 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla • Food coloring (purple, dark blue, light blue)
• Silver pearl dust (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425o F. Place cupcake liners in muffin tin. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. Combine hot coffee and cocoa powder. Mix well to dissolve and set aside.
3. In a stand mixer set on low, combine our, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a paddle attachment.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix well to combine. 5. Add about half of the milk mixture to the our and mix on medium/high speed for 2-3 minutes
until light and fluffy.
6. Combine the chocolate mixture with the remaining milk mixture and add to the batter. Mix batter on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
7. Distribute batter evenly to the 12 muffin cups. 8. Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 325o F. Continue cooking at lower temperature for an
additional 13-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven, let sit, then transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack.
1. With an electric mixer on high, beat the butter for about 5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Add half of the confectioners sugar and mix on low. Then add the rest and mix.
2. Combine the milk and vanilla together. Then add it to the butter/sugar one tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you want. You’ll need about 2-2 1/2 tablespoons.
3. Beat on low then turn your mixer to high and beat for 2-5 mins.
4. Divide into 3 bowls and add food coloring into each to make one dark blue, one medium purple, and one light blue.
5. Scoop each color frosting into one piping bag fitted with a 1M piping tip so that they are side by side like a triangle rather than on top of each other.
6. Pipe a swirl onto your cupcake. Sprinkle pearl dust on top to add shimmer.
If you don’t have a stand mixer you can use a hand mixer.
If you want to save time, you can use a box cake mix.
Always keep an eye on your cupcakes because ovens can be different temperatures and could take a shorter time to cook.
Try to use gel or paste food coloring as it won’t thin the frosting out. The frosting consistency should be able to hold its shape.
#cupcake #baking #bakingcolumn #kitchen #chef #galaxy #outofthisworld #planets #neon #purple #blue #frosting #deaf #baker #evelyn #markitwithane #galactic #chocolate #cochlearimplant #deafchef #hearingaid #canadian #deafcanadian