- Evelyn E.
Mark it with an E: Sizzling Summer S'mores Cups
Hi bakers! My name is Evelyn, and welcome to my kitchen. I’m 13-years-old, I have one cochlear implant and one hearing aid, and I live in Canada. I’m here to share my love of baking with you, so whip out your spatula, and let’s get cooking!
Sizzling Summer S’mores Cups
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
• 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs • 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar • 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract • 12 large marshmallows, cut into halves • 24 milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking soda until combined. Set aside.
3. In a mixer, blend together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined (not light and fluffy, just blended well). Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl again.
4. With the mixer set on low, slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined. Fold batter with a spatula several times to ensure it’s evenly mixed.
5. Using a tablespoon, drop a scoop of batter into each prepared muffin tin. Use your thumb to push in a small hole at the top of each. Let rest 5 minutes.
6. Bake for 7 minutes, or until center appears slightly under-baked and edges are set.
7. While the cookies bake, cut marshmallows in half and unwrap Kisses.
8. Remove cookies from oven, and quickly add a half of a marshmallow to each cookie cup while they are warm. Return to oven, bake for about 1 minute longer or until marshmallows begin to melt and puff.
9. Immediately remove from oven and gently place 1 unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss onto the marshmallow of each cookie cup.
10. Let rest for about 15 minutes, then remove and enjoy warm, or let cool on a wire rack.
Ready to try Evelyn's recipe? Get baking, then send in your pics! @HearingOurWay
#evelyn #markitwithane #baking #bakingcolumn #cooking #baker #bake #recipe #smores #smores #summer #chocolate #marshmallow #deaf #cochlearimplant #canada #medel